Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More About New York...



I spent 10 days in New York City and I could have spent another month! The first 5 days were with Chris, and then I took him to the airport and picked up my sister, Jeanie ! Between the two of them, I got to see 6 Broadway plays! Chris and I saw The Lion King and Young Frankenstein. Then Jeanie and I saw Title of Show, The Jersey Boys (my favorite!), Gypsy Rose and South Pacific. They were awesome! Title of Show wasn't great, but it was interesting! Here are some pictures of other things we did. The first is a sneak preview of the new Yankee Stadium. Then one of me after the Yankee game on the street in Times Square. Next is the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It is so amazing to me that on out of four Americans can trace their ancestry back to an immigrant that came through Ellis Island. The stories were heard while there were incredible. I can't even imagine the things our ancestors went through to be able to come to America! One day Lou (another name for my sis, Jeanie), and I went up to the Bronx to take pictures of the new Yankee Stadium, then took the subway through four of the five burroughs and ended up in Coney Island. We had always heard of this place, but had never been there, so we checked it out. It was mostly deserted because it's Fall, but we still went to the famous Nathan's for a Coney Island hot dog. We found out a Coney Island dog is just a hot dog with sauerkraut and onions. Truth is, Lou had a regular hot dog and I had a steak sandwich. But hey, we can say we've been to Coney Island!











1 comments:

noelle said...

Hey- so glad I found you! We've been thinking about you guys. We need to get together sometime- you and Chris always make us giggle!