Sunday, July 13, 2008

Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick

On Friday night, we headed out to the Usana Amphitheather and saw three old groups in concert. Cheap Trick was first, followed by Heart, who was fabulous and then Journey. It was a gorgeous night--perfect weather. We had a great time. I couldn't believe that the Wilson sisters still had such great voices! Journey didn't have Steve Perry as their lead singer, but the guy that they did pick up was great. If you didn't look at him, the group SOUNDED just like the original Journey. But then to see this Philipino dude jumping all over the stage was a little different. He was great, don't get me wrong--and he had all the energy that Steve Perry used to have, but it was just different to see. But it was fabulous. The only bad thing was that some dudes behind us were smokin' some doobies and it was BAD! It made me sick! I'm sure I was second hand high and my body just can't handle that. That definitely brought back memories of growing up in California. Back then I used to think the state "flower" was marijuana! Those were the days. UGH!

0 comments: