Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Danger! Do Not Succomb!

Well, as a result of a dare by my son at Christmas, and a strong push by an old friend that we ran into when we were working at the Draper Temple Open House, I finally buckled and joined Facebook! Here's how it happened: Last weekend, I went down to St. George with some friends and just had them drop me off at our house, so I had no vehicle. I rode my bike anywhere I needed to go, but soon found that was getting old. (Why didn't I remember our neighborhood having so many hills?). Anyway, I suddenly remembered that Skyleur had tried to talk me into joining Facebook when he was here and I used the excuse I never had time. Well, here I was with time on my hands, so I succombed. BIG MISTAKE! I love it just a little too much. I think I could put it in the addiction column. I'm seriously hoping that it's just a passing phase and I won't be checking it every couple of hours to see who my new friends are. The interfacing on that program is incredible! People from my childhood, school days, etceteras are finding me and we are reconnecting. It's so fun. But, I need to start restricting myself. Today Chris left for work and I was at the computer...hours later he came home and I was still at the computer. Really, I had done several other things in between, but to him it appeared that I was still in the same place for all that time. I think he may try to ground me from Facebook. Yikes! Until then, I'm loving every minute of it! Give it a try!

3 comments:

White's said...

You are too funny. It does wear off a little. But have fun girl! You deserve it. I just have no idea that you have more friends out there that you don't talk to still!! NOw we will never get together!!! hehehe. Love ya!

jen said...

Yeah it can be pretty addicting! So fun that you have a facebook though!

Tierney said...

Yes, it is fun! I'm laughing that you're addicted though.