Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Techy Savvy...Not this girl!!

At about 4 o'clock today, I got an email from our IT department at work telling me that they had a new iPhone 4 for me and that I needed to bring my Blackberry 8900 down and switch it over. I stared at the email for about 5 minutes as panic set in. I am so NOT techy that this email struck fear in me like no other. I had imagined that when it came in, I could learn it a little at a time while still using the Blackberry that I'd almost figured out (after a year!), but no, the words "switch it over" meant it was all or nothing, baby! An hour and a half later, I finally got the courage up to go down and pick up my new phone. They switched it over and kept telling me, "You're going to LOVE it!" Oh sure, easy for IT people to say. I can't even get my fat little fingers to type the right letters. BUT, I can make the type bigger so my old eyes can read what is being "said" on the internet, or emails, or whatever. That part I DO love. The rest will come, I'm sure, but I made the IT department promise me that we would always be friends--especially after I bug them 400 times a day asking questions about this little guy. Oh, how I wish I knew all the fancy little things that this phone does. Well, here's to a new adventure! Wish me luck!

0 comments: